Week 12 - Test 3D Print

 My test 3D print was medium successful. I was able to print the music box piece with no issues, but it doesn't play the song correctly. You can hear some of the song when you try to play it, but some of the notes don't quite work. I think the piece just required to much fin detail to be able to be 3D printed fully functional. Also because I modeled the piece based off of a digital music box similar that wasn't exactly the same as my music box I think the tune of the song is off. Printing this gave me a good idea of what the supports are like to use and remove from a model though, which gave me confidence to use them with my project.

For the settings of my 3D print - Peter suggested I print with much a finer detail level (0.05mm) since the piece had a mechanical function.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 - Object Options

Project 2 - Building Object